SFGG Players, Club Member, Bay Area Rugby Peeps:
If you play on Ray Sheeran Field at SFGG, we need your help to clean up the field as we prepare for the new season.
Sign up here so we can let you know about last minute changes -https://goo.gl/forms/z4iXnTh9jyM4uYOs2
Join one of 3 teams:
-Weeding & Field Clean; 9AM-1PM up led by Tony Wells
-Fence building & maintenance*; Starting 9AM led By Opeti Okusi
-Field to Bleacher Transition*, Starting 9AM led by Eion Sheeran
*Construction experience preferred
Brendan Daly, Brendan Hardiman, Lemoto Filikitonga, Jacob Finau, Mike McCarthy, Holden Yungert & Tim Maupin on USA Selects Roster for Uruguay
Big congrats to SFGG Captain Brendan Daly (SFGG HS), Brendan Hardiman, Lemoto Filikitonga, Jacob Finau, Mike McCarthy (SFGG HS alum), Holden Yungert (SFGG 7s alum), Tim Maupin (SFGG 7s alum) selected to the Men's USA Rugby Selects to play in Uruguay. Well done fellas!
LAFAYETTE, Colo. - The Americas Pacific Challenge is just under a month away, and a roster has been set for the tournament held in Montevideo, Uruguay. Men's USA Rugby Selects Head Coach Scott Lawrence confirmed today that 27 promising prospects will gather in Fort Lauderdale prior to competition in South America, with 10 home reserves available here in the States. With world class training and tournament play on the team's pallet, Lawrence looks forward to appraising the young talent.
"The APC and this USA Selects is an opportunity for some of our domestic men's athletes to put their hand up for November and beyond." Said Lawrence. Referring to late fall test matches between Germany and Georgia for the Senior Men's National Team, General Manager Dave Hodges recognizes the APC as an important stepping stone. "Coach Lawrence and his staff have been meticulously preparing for this competition in order to allow the players to put in their best performance." Shared Hodges, "We look forward to seeing the team come together and represent the United States of America in this A level competition."
Read more at https://www.usarugby.org/2017/09/mens-usa-selects-set-sights-on-apc/?fpJ8bfgzDXSle6rB.99
Dear SFGG Club Players, Parent of player(s), members of the club, coaches, Alumni/Old Boys/Girls, current administrators,
San Francisco Golden Gate will be hosting a General Meeting on Saturday October 14, 2017 at 11:00am in the Club Room, 725 California Ave., CA 94130.
Please pass this message along to all concerned club members.
1. Report on the Current Financials of the Club.
2. Ratify Bylaws
3. Elect a President.
4. Elect a Vice President.
5. Elect a Treasurer.
6. Elect a Secretary.
7. Report on the current Status of the Club
8. Report on Contracts that the Club is negotiating or has secured.
All of the Club Officer positions are currently open and will need to be filled.
Please send your nominations to Kevin Sullivan at email@example.com myself at firstname.lastname@example.org for proper recording. If you are nominating a person, please make sure you ask that person before you nominate them.
The following persons will be eligible to vote on agenda items that will require a vote, specifically to the agenda items 2,3,4,5 and 6.
*Club Players- 2017 and or 2018 USA Rugby CIPP Cycle.
*Parent(s) of players of 2017 and or 2018 USA Rugby CIPP Cycle Youth or High School under the age of 18.
*Current SFGG coaches. If you are a coach and have a youth or high school player you will have one vote only.
*Alumni/Old Boys/Girls- 2017 and or 2018 USA Rugby CIPP Cycle.
If you are a parent of a youth or high school player(s) with more then one child playing, you will have one vote only.
All persons eligible to vote must be present to participate. No proxy votes will be accepted.
Please note, since there are currently no bylaws and no procedures to conduct a vote, the above eligibility requirements will be followed. After bylaws and officials are elected there will be a frame work for future elections. We have to start somewhere.
It is the clubs intention to send out a draft bylaw shortly. The basic frame work is as follows:
1. Board of Directors, President, Secratary and Treasurer. Elected by the membership. These three persons will also be registered with the State of California as the SFGG Rugby foundation directors.
2. Club Officers will be one in the same with the addition of the Vice President who will also be elected by the membership. In total these four persons will make up the Club officers. The club officers will over see the operations of the entire club. They will work closely with each arm of the club for a successful out come on and off the field.
3. Each arm of the club, Women, Men, High School, Youth and Old Boys/Girls(Alumni) will be required at a bare minimum to have a President, VP, Sec and Treasurer of their own to work with their counterparts who are the Club officers. At this time I will leave these appointments or elections up to each individual arm of the club. In an ideal world each arm would have these positions filled before the General Meeting. I will give each arm until November 1, 2017 to have their officials elected or appointed. I know of only one arm that has this down and would be a good group to use as a template. Our women's team in my opinion have all the elements in place to work with the future Club Officers. I would recommend that the women's structure be adopted as the blueprint for all club teams/arms to follow.
4. Executive Committee will be the Club Officers and each arm of the clubs President, VP, Sec and Treasurer. The executive committee will have the freedom to appoint additional personnel as they see fit such as facilities manager, fields manager, head coach and whatever else is needed to run the clubs day to day operations.
By laws outline the day to day rules for our club, outline the structure and organization. They protect the membership and the club. We have a very unique situation with youth, high school, men, women and alumni so it has not been easy to fit all aspects into one package that works for the club. The beauty of by laws is that they can be changed by the membership as needed from time to time. As elected officials, the Executive Committee can create procedures. Procedures do not need to be written into the bylaws.
I look forward to a great, productive and long overdue general meeting on the 14th of October, 2017. Please SHARE this message.