Dear SFGG Club Players, Parent of player(s), members of the club, coaches, Alumni/Old Boys/Girls, current administrators,
San Francisco Golden Gate will be hosting a General Meeting on Saturday October 14, 2017 at 11:00am in the Club Room, 725 California Ave., CA 94130.
Please pass this message along to all concerned club members.
1. Report on the Current Financials of the Club.
2. Ratify Bylaws
3. Elect a President.
4. Elect a Vice President.
5. Elect a Treasurer.
6. Elect a Secretary.
7. Report on the current Status of the Club
8. Report on Contracts that the Club is negotiating or has secured.
All of the Club Officer positions are currently open and will need to be filled.
Please send your nominations to Kevin Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org myself at email@example.com for proper recording. If you are nominating a person, please make sure you ask that person before you nominate them.
The following persons will be eligible to vote on agenda items that will require a vote, specifically to the agenda items 2,3,4,5 and 6.
*Club Players- 2017 and or 2018 USA Rugby CIPP Cycle.
*Parent(s) of players of 2017 and or 2018 USA Rugby CIPP Cycle Youth or High School under the age of 18.
*Current SFGG coaches. If you are a coach and have a youth or high school player you will have one vote only.
*Alumni/Old Boys/Girls- 2017 and or 2018 USA Rugby CIPP Cycle.
If you are a parent of a youth or high school player(s) with more then one child playing, you will have one vote only.
All persons eligible to vote must be present to participate. No proxy votes will be accepted.
Please note, since there are currently no bylaws and no procedures to conduct a vote, the above eligibility requirements will be followed. After bylaws and officials are elected there will be a frame work for future elections. We have to start somewhere.
It is the clubs intention to send out a draft bylaw shortly. The basic frame work is as follows:
1. Board of Directors, President, Secratary and Treasurer. Elected by the membership. These three persons will also be registered with the State of California as the SFGG Rugby foundation directors.
2. Club Officers will be one in the same with the addition of the Vice President who will also be elected by the membership. In total these four persons will make up the Club officers. The club officers will over see the operations of the entire club. They will work closely with each arm of the club for a successful out come on and off the field.
3. Each arm of the club, Women, Men, High School, Youth and Old Boys/Girls(Alumni) will be required at a bare minimum to have a President, VP, Sec and Treasurer of their own to work with their counterparts who are the Club officers. At this time I will leave these appointments or elections up to each individual arm of the club. In an ideal world each arm would have these positions filled before the General Meeting. I will give each arm until November 1, 2017 to have their officials elected or appointed. I know of only one arm that has this down and would be a good group to use as a template. Our women's team in my opinion have all the elements in place to work with the future Club Officers. I would recommend that the women's structure be adopted as the blueprint for all club teams/arms to follow.
4. Executive Committee will be the Club Officers and each arm of the clubs President, VP, Sec and Treasurer. The executive committee will have the freedom to appoint additional personnel as they see fit such as facilities manager, fields manager, head coach and whatever else is needed to run the clubs day to day operations.
By laws outline the day to day rules for our club, outline the structure and organization. They protect the membership and the club. We have a very unique situation with youth, high school, men, women and alumni so it has not been easy to fit all aspects into one package that works for the club. The beauty of by laws is that they can be changed by the membership as needed from time to time. As elected officials, the Executive Committee can create procedures. Procedures do not need to be written into the bylaws.
I look forward to a great, productive and long overdue general meeting on the 14th of October, 2017. Please SHARE this message.